The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers (SICE) aims to become a central academic society in the field of measurement, control, and system integration with an international presence, and focuses on cooperation with related organizations for internationalization, and supporting for the development of young researchers of the next generation.
The SICE International Young Authors Award (SIYA) was established in 2019 with the aim of encouraging young researchers’ research and supporting their international activities.
The SIYA award is selected and presented to the presenters of IEEE/RSJ IROS and IEEE/SICE SII.
List of winners
Jan. 14, 2020
- Youki Wakabayashi, “Design of a Guide Pulley Achieving Identical Wire Path Length for a Double Joint Mechanism”
- Shintaro Nakazawa, “Announcement Capture System in Real Environments Using Recurrent Neural Network”
- Shoichiro Koizumi, “Soft Robotic Gloves with Thin McKibben Muscles for Hand Assist and Rehabilitation”
- Akira Uehara, “Lateral Swing Support System
for Parkinsonism Patients with Freezing of Gait”
November 7, 2019
- Shinsuke Nakashima, “An Approach of Facilitated Investigation of Active Self-healing Tension Transmission System Oriented for Legged Robots”
- Hiroyuki Nabae, “Soft Polymer-Electrolyte-Fuel-Cell Tube Realizing Air-Hose-Free Thin McKibben Muscles”
- Yunduan Cui, “Reinforcement Learning Boat Autopilot: A Sample-efficient and Model Predictive Control based Approach”