- Title of the Special Session.
- Organizers of the Special Session.
- Abstract of the Special Session (approx. 100 words).
- Brief description of the area of interest (approx. 100 words), with a special focus on why we should believe this is an interesting and significant topic?
- A list of potential paper titles, authors, reviewers, and their affiliations.
Once approved, it is the duty of the organizers to publicize the Special Session among researchers and practitioners in the field and attract a sufficient number of papers.
Papers submitted to Special Sessions will undergo the same review process as regular papers. The Special Session chairs of the respective special session are responsible for organizing the review process, assuring at least three reviews per paper. This includes the selection of reviewers from their peers.
Before starting the review process, Special Sessions organizers must explicitly declare papers that present a conflict of interest for them. A conflict of interest arises where the judgment of a paper quality can be influenced by the organizers being authors or knowing some of the authors. To ensure independent reviews, this conflict must be marked as such in the submission system and the SS chairs notified so that they can arrange the review process.
A minimum of 6 accepted papers with authors from at least 3 independent institutions is required for each session. If a session has too few papers, accepted papers will be allocated to regular sessions wherever possible. In the case of weakly organized special sessions, the conference organizers will support the session organizers with advice but reserve measures including cancellation of the respective special session.
Organizers of a successful Special Session will get free registration for each Special Session with more than 6 papers submitted to the Special Session and included in the final program.
For uploading the Special Session proposal, please login from "Submit a contribution to SII 2024" on the PaperPlaza Conference/Journal Management System.
- Submission deadline: June, 30, 2023
- Acceptance notification: July 12, 2023